Principal investigator : Dong Woo Lim, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Functional BioNano Materials (FBNM) Laboratory focuses on developing a new class of functional bionano materials by artificial protein engineering and biomaterials engineering for biomedical applications. We have been working on basic research about structure-property-function relationship of the bionano materials as well as their biomedical applications, specifically Tissue Engineering, Regenerative Medicine, Drug and Gene Delivery System, Bioimaging, and Biosensing.
We have secured government research funds to support five main projects :
1. Biosynthesis of Genetically Engineered Biopolymers and Applications of Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering
2. Development of Highly Sensitive Nanobio Photonic Sensors and Analytical Techniques
3. Development of Highly Sensitive Optical Microfluidic Sensor Using Metal Nanoprobes
4. Chemical & Biological Detection Research
5. Development of Anisotropic Polypeptide Nanoparticle-based Formulations for Ocular Vascular Diseases.